The English teaching position will consist of full-time assignments teaching to K-12 students in different schools e.g. SGA, iSchool, UKA, and SNA at the International Education City (IEC).
Skills, Experience and Responsibilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others;
- Growth mindset;
- Experienced with inquiry-based learning;
- Ability to diversify and differentiate instruction for all learners
- Student-centered pedagogy;
- Proven ability to develop successful academic resources;
- Recent and relevant professional development in teaching and learning;
- Strong focus on literacy skills development;
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to offer extra-curricular student activities;
- Communicate and collaborate on a weekly basis with fellow team members for planning, assessment, parent contact and classroom issues including discipline, expectations and routines;
- Take an active and positive role in student behavior management;
- Attend and constructively contribute in regular staff meetings;
- Assist in the supervision of student breaks, when required;
- Coordinate class activities, as deemed necessary;
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences and communications with parents.
- Act as a resource and support for new staff members (i.e. curriculum, schedules, procedures, etc.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for bachelor’s degree and/or 3.5 for master’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Current teacher certification and/or license that would allow the candidate to teach in public schools
- Valid passport
- Current police clearance to enter Vietnam